PROJECT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
JOB REFERENCE: PROJECT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
Contract: 2 years
Deadline: Friday 24 February, 2017
Salary: N280,000 – N380,000 monthly
Apart from deputising for the project director when necessary, the Deputy Project Manager must ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget, that the project’s objectives are met and that other staff are doing their job properly. Will also oversee the project and liaise with stakeholders. There will be travel to Northern Nigeria involved.
- Develop and robustly manage a project plan and detailed stage plans for the project.
- Provide reporting information for both internal and external use on a daily/weekly / monthly/annual basis.
- Apply a project management approach to the requirements of the project.
- Identify project changes to the original scope and create Change Requests for approval internally and externally, in order to maximise efficiency.
- Provide project forecasts for completion of equipment, services, cash milestones & margin.
- Project Risk Management, identification of risks and mitigation action plans.
- Establish good working relationships with Project Director, Administrative Manager, stakeholders etc.
- Build and sustain effective communications with Project Director, Administrative Manager, stakeholders etc.
- Understand the projects contractual requirements and ensure the Foundation adheres to them.
- Plan and manage deployment of physical and financial resources to meet project milestones.
- Second degree or Project Management certification desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a project management role.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Creative problem-solver with ability to foster and develop others’ ideas as well as his/her own.
- Experience working on both small-large scale projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and extremely organized.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines in highly fluid environment.
Please send CV, cover letter and passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with job reference as email’s subject.
The Book Buzz Foundation is a non-governmental organisation whose main goals are three fold: to promote literacy, especially amongst children of school-going age; to develop reading spaces, and to organise literary and cultural events. In partnership with Africultures (France), this is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team as they embark on a two-year, EU-funded initiative called ‘Right to Write Project’. Over the two years, the project involves:
-Identifying, mentoring and publishing new writers from specific states in Northern Nigeria
-Identifying and training media specialists from specific states in Northern Nigeria
-Developing innovative ways of supporting teachers in the use of class readers in Northern Nigeria