OFFICE ASSISTANT (Lagos)
JOB REFERENCE: OFFICE ASSISTANT
Contract: 2 years
Deadline: Friday 24 February, 2017
Salary: N40,000 – N50,000 monthly
Maintain office operations by receiving and distributing communications, picking-up and delivering items, serving staff, maintaining supplies and equipment, ensuring all equipment are always in good working condition.
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank.
- Coordinate messenger and courier service. Retrieve information when requested.
- Keep office area clean and tidy.
- Serve as back-up for front-desk officer; answering questions; forwarding messages; confirming customer orders; keeping customers informed of order status.
- Minimum of OND.
- Previous office experience in an office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver with ability to foster and develop others’ ideas as well as his/her own.
- Experience working on both small- and large-scale projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and extremely organized.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines in highly fluid environment.
- Should live within Lagos Mainland.
Please send CV, cover letter and passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with job reference as email’s subject.
The Book Buzz Foundation is a non-governmental organisation whose main goals are three fold: to promote literacy, especially amongst children of school-going age; to develop reading spaces, and to organise literary and cultural events. In partnership with Africultures (France), this is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team as they embark on a two-year, EU-funded initiative called ‘Right to Write Project’. Over the two years, the project involves:
-Identifying, mentoring and publishing new writers from specific states in Northern Nigeria
-Identifying and training media specialists from specific states in Northern Nigeria
-Developing innovative ways of supporting teachers in the use of class readers in Northern Nigeria