JOB REFERENCE: ADMINISTRATIVE & HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Contract: 2 years
Deadline: Friday 24 February, 2017
Salary: N300,000 – N420,000 monthly
Responsible for organizing and coordinating administrative/office operations and procedures in order to ensure organisational effectiveness and efficiency. Provide administrative support to the entire organisation. Keep everyday operations running like clockwork. Take charge of employee-related matters with sensitivity and confidentiality. Be highly organised and efficient.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing systems, layouts, and equipment.
- Liaise with staff to organise meetings, arrange appointments.
- Manage, organise and coordinate a medium-size team.
- Supervise and monitor the work of administrative staff.
- Keep personnel records and handle staff recruitment and appraisals.
- Introduce office operations and procedures; organise induction programs for new employees
- Work with Logistics and Procurement Manager to review and approve supply requisitions;
- To assign and monitor clerical functions.
- Keep management informed by reviewing and analysing special reports and summarizing information.
- Resolve or advise resolutions for a variety of administrative situations or problem. Make judgments and decisions to keep office functioning smoothly.
- Track and monitor budget transactions for multiple budgets. Track numbers such as enrollment and or personnel. Assist in budget planning by generating reports.
- Second degree or CIPM certification desirable
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in an administrative role.
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Creative problem-solver with ability to foster and develop others’ ideas as well as his/her own.
- Experience working on both small-large scale projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and extremely organized.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines in highly fluid environment.
Please send CV, cover letter and passport photo to email@example.com with job reference as email’s subject.
The Book Buzz Foundation is a non-governmental organisation whose main goals are three fold: to promote literacy, especially amongst children of school-going age; to develop reading spaces, and to organise literary and cultural events. In partnership with Africultures (France), this is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team as they embark on a two-year, EU-funded initiative called ‘Right to Write Project’. Over the two years, the project involves:
-Identifying, mentoring and publishing new writers from specific states in Northern Nigeria
-Identifying and training media specialists from specific states in Northern Nigeria
-Developing innovative ways of supporting teachers in the use of class readers in Northern Nigeria