IT SUPPORT OFFICER (Lagos)
JOB REFERENCE: IT SUPPORT OFFICER
Contract: 2 years
Deadline: Friday 24 February, 2017
Salary: N180,000 – N250,000 monthly
An extremely creative problem-solver who can provide rapid IT support and resolutions to the organisation. Must be able to trouble-shoot effectively and to resolve issues effectively. Hardware knowledge such as computers, installing projectors, sound and visual equipment is a must. In depth understanding of software installation solutions is highly desirable.
- Accept technical support calls/emails, escalate problems to the appropriate quarters/ external vendors and track issues to resolution as required.
- Monitor operational support systems to proactively identify service-impacting events relating to IT, network and facility conditions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user hardware, operating system, software-related problems, issues with voice communications (i.e., VoIP telephones), basic network and server access problems.
- Install, configure, and test laptops/desktops, mobile devices, peripherals and software. Maintain inventory of hardware devices and software licensing.
- Responsible for new user setup including user account creation and image based hardware deployments.
- Train staff on appropriate use of hardware and software to prevent inefficiency.
- Continuous development of technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills on internal applications and IT environment.
- Complete assigned company-wide rollouts of upgraded desktops, laptops, monitors and other computer equipment.
- To install hardware and electronic equipment on office premises.
- To read all manuals of new equipment and to be able to integrate such into office network
- Bachelor’s degree/certification in Computer Science, computer engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a technical support role.
- Experience Working knowledge of laptop/desktop/peripheral hardware required.
- Experience supporting Windows and Apple desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office required.
- Working knowledge of networks and network cabling preferred.
- Experience working on both small- and large-scale projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Creative problem-solver with ability to foster and develop others’ ideas as well as his/her own.
- Excellent attention to detail and extremely organized.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines in highly fluid environment.
Please send CV, cover letter and passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with job reference as email’s subject.
The Book Buzz Foundation is a non-governmental organisation whose main goals are three fold: to promote literacy, especially amongst children of school-going age; to develop reading spaces, and to organise literary and cultural events. In partnership with Africultures (France), this is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team as they embark on a two-year, EU-funded initiative called ‘Right to Write Project’. Over the two years, the project involves:
- -Identifying, mentoring and publishing new writers from specific states in Northern Nigeria
- -Identifying and training media specialists from specific states in Northern Nigeria
- -Developing innovative ways of supporting teachers in the use of class readers in Northern Nigeria