EDUCATION MANAGER (Lagos)
JOB REFERENCE: EDUCATION MANAGER
Contract: 2 years
Deadline: Friday 24 February, 2017
Salary: N130,000 – N180,000 monthly
Create engaging educational resources for adults and young people for use in both formal and informal settings. Organise and promote participation in local education or training opportunities. Develop, promote and manage the delivery of educational curriculum and material.
- Encourage and influence the development of new learning opportunities through formal and informal classes. Identify local interests and needs and ways to meet them.
- Resource and develop appropriate educational materials. Work with individuals to create learning plans. Help potential learners to overcome existing barriers to learning.
- Represent the organisation at a variety of meetings where education issues are under discussion.
- An educational degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of, or experience working with or liaising with, schools and teaching methods and systems
- Creative problem-solver with ability to foster and develop others’ ideas as well as his/her own.
- Experience working on both small- and large-scale projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and extremely organized.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines in highly fluid environment.
- Should live within Lagos Mainland.
Please send CV, cover letter and passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with job reference as email’s subject..
The Book Buzz Foundation is a non-governmental organisation whose main goals are three fold: to promote literacy, especially amongst children of school-going age; to develop reading spaces, and to organise literary and cultural events. In partnership with Africultures (France), this is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team as they embark on a two-year, EU-funded initiative called ‘Right to Write Project’. Over the two years, the project involves:
-Identifying, mentoring and publishing new writers from specific states in Northern Nigeria
-Identifying and training media specialists from specific states in Northern Nigeria
-Developing innovative ways of supporting teachers in the use of class readers in Northern Nigeria