JOB REFERENCE: PHOTOGRAPHER
Contract: 2 years
Deadline: Friday 24 February, 2017
Salary: N150,000 – N180,000 monthly
Shoots and edits pictures of original content featuring our brands from key events across the country. Pictures will be utilized and distributed across digital and social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram etc.), and must be able to engage target audience.
- Serves as photographer for events and projects featuring Company brands and products. Work includes shooting, editing post-production (on-screen graphics), presenting, and posting.
- Coordinates a variety of production initiatives as determined by supervisor and/or project requestor, including schedules, scripts, graphics packages, and maintains an updated log of tasks.
- Works cross-functionally across teams to provide creative concepts and ideas for projects.
- Plans and executes all in-house photography, maintaining production schedules.
- Conceptualizes and develops multimedia content, edits and refines all in-house photography.
- Plans and executes needed lifestyle photography for use in digital and print advertising.
- Works collaboratively with the Communications Manager to ensure all photo assets and electronic files are cataloged, managed, maintained and archived.
- Portrays the brands and products in legal, ethical, safe, and responsible environments.
- Bachelor’s degree/certification in Photography, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years photography and production experience in both print and online media.
- Demonstrated editing and production skills, including on-screen graphics.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with digital video cameras and lenses.
- Must be able to demonstrate creative thinking, presentation and execution.
- Familiarity with MS Word, PowerPoint and Photoshop required.
- Experience working on both small- and large-scale projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of branding discipline and requirements.
- Creative problem-solver with ability to foster and develop others’ ideas as well as his/her own.
- Excellent attention to detail and extremely organized.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines in highly fluid environment.
- Ability to travel extensively to multiple locations.
- Should live within Lagos Mainland.
Please send CV, cover letter and passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with job reference as email’s subject.
The Book Buzz Foundation is a non-governmental organisation whose main goals are three fold: to promote literacy, especially amongst children of school-going age; to develop reading spaces, and to organise literary and cultural events. In partnership with Africultures (France), this is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team as they embark on a two-year, EU-funded initiative called ‘Right to Write Project’. Over the two years, the project involves:
-Identifying, mentoring and publishing new writers from specific states in Northern Nigeria
-Identifying and training media specialists from specific states in Northern Nigeria
-Developing innovative ways of supporting teachers in the use of class readers in Northern Nigeria